The Peligoni Club is a holiday destination for all ages and we offer a daily programme of activities that encourage guests to get to know each other in a relaxed environment. All of our activities are opt-in meaning guests can pick and choose what they want to get involved in.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Activity Coordinator to arrange, promote and lead a varied agenda of fun that will appeal to our guests.
Typical daytime activities on our weekly agenda include water polo at the pool, table tennis tournaments, five a side football and Kwik cricket. We also host a twice-weekly boat trip to the island’s famous shipwreck and an evening walk through the nearby countryside which ends with stunning views of the sunset beside an old abandoned Monastery.
From Open Mic night to our ‘alternative’ quiz night, there is always something happening in the evenings too. The most popular evenings are our twice-weekly party nights, one of which is always fancy dress themed, where both guests and staff are encouraged to let their hair down and dance the night away.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has exceptional interpersonal skills, masses of energy and enjoys getting stuck in. Our activity coordinator also needs to be highly organised and able to adapt the agenda, often at the last minute, in the event of bad weather.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Organise a variety of activities and excursions each week, suitable for different age groups and feedback to senior management on the success/popularity of each activity
- Take responsibility for the promotion of activities and excursions
- Lead activities and excursions – through active participation yourself
- Ensure the safety of guests and team members alike
- Coordinate with third party suppliers to ensure everything is in order for the necessary excursions
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out for all activities and all necessary safety measures are in place
- Coordinate with the senior management team to ensure all activities and excursions are adequately staffed
- Coordinate with the reception team to ensure the weekly activities agenda is well communicated to all guests
- Actively participate in evening activities and encourage guests, where appropriate, to get involved
- Create and organise replacement activities for a ‘bad weather programme’
- Work closely with senior management to organise time effectively
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Work effectively with other departments to enhance the guest experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A full UK/EU Driving License
- Minimum age 23 (in order to be able to drive a company vehicle)
- Valid first aid certificate
- Sports or Activity Leader qualification is desirable
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand-Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Strong swimmer
- Lifeguard qualification is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa