With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday and our three bars provide something for everyone.
Our bar team are cocktail masters, passionate about service and fantastic hosts, and we are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to take the lead.
The Driftwood Bar
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club and as the sun sets, guests gather here for a sophisticated cocktail before dinner. The Driftwood Bar is also host to our much-loved evening entertainment which includes our Open-Mic Night, the Peli Pub Quiz and our renowned Party Nights.
It’s the first to open, and the last to close, dispensing drinks during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. Lunch service is particularly busy with up to 300 guests dining each day during peak season and we regularly host up to 130 guests for dinner. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment. The most popular evenings are our Party Nights where the bar is transformed into a dance floor – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager to oversee the day to day running of our Driftwood Bar to ensure all drinks are delivered in a consistent and professional manner. The role involves training, managing and motivating a team of bar staff to operate efficiently, delivering a high level of service and maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will ensure the Driftwood Bar is running at its best, guests are always made to feel welcome and that our evening entertainment is a roaring success. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Oversee the day to day running of our Driftwood Bar
- Ensure all bars are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the Restaurant Team, Beach Service Team and Cafe Team
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails and coffees
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Work closely with the Accounts Department to ensure stock controls are actioned and in place
- Control and minimise wastage
- Ensure adequate stock levels across all bars and manage orders and stock rotation
- Have a strong knowledge of the EPOS system
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks and cocktails to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 5 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory position
- Extensive knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Previous Cash Handling and till reconciliation experience
- Proven experience in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Have a strong understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- A Full UK driving license is desirable
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa