Everyone has a different idea of what holiday eating should consist of and as a result we offer a varied Modern European menu to cater for all of our guests across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has one main restaurant along with four bars serving a variety of snacks at various points during the day. All of our dishes are created with the best local ingredients and designed with different ages, tastes and dietary requirements in mind.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites. During the day the focus is very much on family dining, offering something for all, including delicious tapas style dishes, healthy superfood salads, juicy burgers, fresh fish done simply, thin crust pizzas loaded with generous toppings and locally-inspired sharing plates.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and the restaurant menu reflects this. From a la carte to family feasts and indulgent tasting menus to elaborate sharing platters, there are plenty of opportunities to get creative.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, which all of the team love to be involved in. Food is often a key part of these events, putting the kitchen in the spotlight.
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Working in the kitchen, whether it be as our Head Chef, Sous Chef or a Chef de Partie, is challenging and fast-paced, yet incredibly rewarding. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced and creative chefs who enjoy expressing themselves through food.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to take on the day to day running of our kitchen, offering food all day and which, during peak season, can host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime and up to 130 on most evenings.
This will involve ensuring that the kitchen team operate efficiently and produce a high level of service. Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will lead our talented team of chefs and work closely with our Restaurant Manager to ensure we are providing the highest standard of food service to our guests
- Responsible for daily operations in the kitchen
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate a team of chefs throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Manage, motivate and train our staff chefs to provide all staff (of which there are up to 130 during the peak season) with three healthy and nutritious meals daily
- Produce menus and new dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Liaise with the senior management to team to create new menu ideas and food offerings
- Brief the front of house teams daily with menu updates, daily specials and menu training
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Assist, as required with any special events
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards ensuring HACCAP records are up to date
- Liaise with purchasing companies for food orders
- Maintain good profit margins on food, maximising revenue and minimising wastage
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a chef in a busy restaurant
- Experience in a 3 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role
- Available for either the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa