The Peligoni Creche is designed to be a safe haven where parents can leave their little ones in the care of our fully-qualified childcare team whilst they relax and enjoy the club. Our creche is located on-site in a secure walled off section with a large grassy area for children to play safely.
For slightly older children, we offer a varied and engaging programme of activities in partnership with Sharky & George. We are looking for a team of experienced childcare professionals, who can work across various age groups, to ensure that our younger guests are always entertained and cared for.
Childcare at Peligoni
Our creche is open 7 days per week and cares for children from 3 months to 4 years. The creche provides a calm and comforting environment for little ones with soft play as well as more stimulating toys, games and activities for the toddlers.
Children aged 4+ are encouraged to join our daily programme of activities. Typically this will involve up to 4 activities each day which will take place in different areas of the club and children can join in as and when they want to.
Our aim is to ensure that children have the opportunity to play with others their own age with appropriate activities but to also provide the flexibility to allow children to hang out with older siblings if they are more comfortable with this.
Sharky & George join us in May half term and the high season months of July and August. Their high-energy and engaging approach makes for a great addition to our childcare programme. Our team will work alongside them during this time, focusing in particular on children aged 4-6 years.
In addition to fun-packed days, evening care and activities are also offered 4 evenings per week, for children aged 4+, as well as babysitting for children aged 3 and under.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic opportunity for childcare professionals who are looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment. We need a team who are flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Plan a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments and ensure all necessary safety measures are in place
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of the creche
- Report any maintenance issues within the creche in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Provide support to the Sharky & George team
- Host evening activities
- Prepare healthy and nutritious snacks and lunches for children
- Work a minimum of 2 nights babysitting (for which you will be paid extra, on an hourly basis)
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience working with babies and young children
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- DBS Certificate
- Good swimmer
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- UK/EU Passport holder and/or valid visa
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable