To allow our guests the opportunity to make the most of the club, we offer a driver service to get them from their villas to the club, and back again.
The driver role demands a great deal of flexibility and interaction with guests as well as a high level of practical ability, responsibility and awareness.
The Peligoni Driver Service
The guest driver service is offered every day from 7am until the club closes, with the busiest times of day being the mid-morning when guests are coming down to the club for breakfast and in the late-afternoon and early-evening as guests return to their villas to get changed to come back for dinner. As the club closes, the drivers are one of the last to leave as they return guests to their villas after the evenings activities. On our extremely popular Party Nights the driver service can continue well into the early hours.
In addition to driving our guests, the driver team are also responsible for our staff accommodations to the club for the rest of the Peligoni team to arrive at work.
Our driving team, between them, will cover all hours that the driving service runs as well as ‘staff lifts’ and when not driving will be required to carry out general maintenance tasks.
Who We Are Looking For
Our drivers need to be self-motivated, resourceful and proactive. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Provide a daily driver service for guests between the club and their accommodations
- Provide a daily driver service for the Peligoni Team between their accommodations and the club
- Learn driving routes to all the villas and popular spots on the Island of Zakynthos
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Assist other departments with tasks that require driving
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of vehicles
- Daily cleaning of vehicles
- Help with daily maintenance issues
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Safe and experienced driver
- Good practical and mechanical vehicle knowledge
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Full UK/EU Driving License
- Minimum age 23 (for insurance purposes)
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience of driving in Europe
- Previous experience in a similar seasonal position is desirable
- Previous hospitality experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa