We want to ensure that our club looks great and works to its best at all times, no matter what the weather does or what challenges come our way. This means we need talented people to keep our equipment in top notch condition on a daily basis.
This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys general maintenance, is self-motivated, resourceful and can manage their own time effectively. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
From time to time, there will be additional duties which might include some guest or staff driving and helping out in other parts of the club.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a self motivated individual who has a keen eye for detail and enjoys a challenge. Whether it is helping repairing a sail, or putting a fresh coat of paint on a deck, our maintenance staff are the behind-the-scenes team who keep the club running.
- Routine maintenance checks on all equipment and completion of maintenance records
- Prioritise and resolve general club and staff accommodation maintenance issues
- Preventative maintenance
- Work closely with the Beach Team and Bosun to ensure beach equipment is in good working order
- Work closely with local staff to complete maintenance tasks
- Regularly report to Maintenance Manager to organise time and deadlines effectively
- Support Drivers in maintenance and upkeep of club vehicles
- Work closely with local suppliers
- Deliver a high level of workmanship at all times
- Have a strong knowledge of the island
- Assist with driving when and where required
- Ensure a safe and tidy workshop at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Safe and experienced driver
- Good practical and mechanical vehicle knowledge
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Trade experience/background – plumbing, carpentry, electrical, building, etc.
- Full UK/EU Driving License
- Minimum age 23 (for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience driving in Europe
- Previous experience in a similar position is desirable
- Previous hospitality experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (April/May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa