Our reception team are the first people to welcome guests when they arrive and are there to cater for their every need. They are very much the ‘face’ of the club, creating an excellent first impression and ensuring that our guests are able to make the most of their time with Peligoni.
They will know absolutely everything there is to know about the club and the local area, having the confidence to make valuable recommendations and suggestions that will allow our guests to thoroughly enjoy their holiday with us. They will interact with guests on a daily basis ensuring that they are enjoying their stay and dealing with any complaints and queries quickly and effectively.
As Reception Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of reception, ensuring our guests have everything they need and be the main point of call for the club. You will also be responsible for organising the club’s daily and weekly agenda; ensuring it accounts for the most popular activities, is weather appropriate and has something for everyone. You will work closely with the Management Team and relevant departments to promote a fun and exciting week for our guests.
Each day on reception will come with different tasks and responsibilities. The majority of our guests arrive and depart at the weekend. During these days the mornings will involve preparing bills, ensuring all guests have settled their accounts and have organised their transport to the airport. In the afternoons you and your team will be preparing for guest arrivals, checking flight times, ensuring pre-arrival requests have been met, organising restaurant bookings, liaising with villa managers, checking our guests into the club and ensuring they have a seamless first night of their holiday.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident individual with impeccable attention to detail who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as ensure a consistently high level of service. As Reception Manager you must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Working closely with the Guest Relations Team, you will get to know our guests, ensure all of their needs are taken care of and communicate these with the rest of the management team. It is an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Review guest manifests in advance to ensure all prior information has been given to the appropriate departments
- Ensure guests are checked-in and checked-out in a welcoming and efficient manner
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Coordinate with other department heads regarding guest requirements throughout their stays
- Attend regular management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Encourage and maintain good communication with other departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Brief guests on how the club works and answer any questions they may have
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club and the local area
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the club facilities and what there is to do in the local area
- Manage and coordinate resort bookings and activities
- Communicate any changes to the daily agenda with guests effectively
- Advise guests on any weather and sea conditions that may affect what watersports are running
- Ensure guest feedback is being regularly collected and correlated
- Record all pertinent information relating to a guests holiday to allow us to deliver a better service during their next stay
- Ensure all membership upgrades and transfers are billed correctly
- Prepare guest bills and take payments
- Ensure the reception area is clean and well presented at all times
- Communicate effectively with other teams
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar customer facing, administrative role
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Proven hospitality experience
- Available for the full season (May – September)
- Full UK driving license desirable
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa