Our runners are the backbone of our food and beverage team, filling in the gaps in all departments, ensuring everything we serve looks great and keeping our guests happy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and gain a variety of experience in different aspects of the club.
Due to a huge demand in the Runner position for 2019, we are currently not receiving applications. Please check back at a later date for more information, or follow us on Instagram for regular updates @peligonijobs .
The Peligoni Restaurant & Bars
The club serves food and drink all day from our restaurant, cafe and three bars and our runners provide crucial support to these key areas. Each day varies as you may be working over breakfast and lunchtime, covering only dinner in the evening, or on a split shift, allowing you some time off in the middle of the day.
The Rock Cafe is the first area of the club to open each morning as the team welcome guests coming for an early morning water-ski with a delicious hot coffee. This is the main hub for breakfast with a mixture of hot dishes prepared by the kitchen and lighter bites served from the cafe. Fresh juices and smoothies are always popular and there are plenty of requests for the daily specials.
Mid-morning our white wooden decks built into the striking volcanic rock fill up with sun-seekers relaxing metres above the deep blue Ionian sea where the Beach Service Team provide refreshments to keep our guest hydrated, refreshed or maybe even a little tipsy.
As lunch service begins, the restaurant starts to fill up rapidly and during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime, making it hard work but also great fun. Some guests will want a quick lunch before an afternoon sail and some will want to have a more leisurely afternoon over a bottle, or two, of rose. It is the role of our runners to support the waiting team in ensuring that everyone is well looked after and receives the best possible service.
At the same time, our three bars are in full swing. The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water. The Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rose or a cold beer.
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club and as the sun sets, guests gather here for a sophisticated cocktail before dinner. Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair and with something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment. The most popular evenings are our twice-weekly Party Nights where the bar is transformed into a dance floor – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
In addition to our club food and beverage offerings – with a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer – we also provide a villa host service which allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the comfort of their villa. As part of the restaurant team you may have the opportunity to assist our Villa Hosts providing a fantastic in-villa service with one of our tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes. This would involve assisting preparing dishes, serving meals and cleaning up afterwards, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, we encourage all of our team to get involved!
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment.
Our staff are the heart of the Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Provide support to our restaurant, cafe and bar teams
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Setting tables and ensuring dining areas are ready for service
- Deliver food and drink to tables
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team
- Clear and re-lay tables
- Assist with the preparation of drinks in the bar and the cafe
- Clear and clean glasses
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Ensure guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Assist with excursions & activities
- Assist with in villa hosting and special events
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Energetic, fun and outgoing
- Excellent eye for detail
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to follow instruction accurately
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Have an interest in personal development
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 6 months experience of working in a high-end bar or restaurant
- Basic Food & Beverage knowledge
- Proven experience in a cafe environment and making coffee is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa