With a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer, our villa host service allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the pool. We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa alongside a hosting service whereby one of the Peligoni team will come to the villa to cook, serve and clean up, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
A Typical Day as a Villa Host
Led by our Peli Deli Chef, the villa host team will work together to cater for all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements. A typical day as a Peligoni villa host may begin with an early start, preparing breakfast hampers. The rest of the morning could be spent preparing an array of delicious dishes using fresh and locally sourced ingredients for lunch and dinner hampers, and to be served in our Deli.
At lunchtime, you may be hosting a pool-side family barbeque or taking a break before getting ready to serve an intimate three-course meal in one of our stunning villas.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, which all the team love to get involved in. As a villa host, this might include preparing and serving canapes or working with the club’s kitchen team to create a fabulous four-course wedding breakfast.
Who We Are Looking For
Our villa host service is extremely popular and expectations are high, making this a challenging, yet incredibly rewarding position. This is a great opportunity to work alongside a team of experienced and creative cooks who enjoy expressing themselves through food.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Work together with the Peli Deli Chef to ensure that all guest’s in-villa dining requirements are catered for
- Prepare and serve canapes and meals in a guest villa, working in a relaxed, yet professional manner and respecting guest’s privacy and holiday time
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down and ensuring the deli is secure at all times
- Assist the Shopkeepers with the day-to-day running of the Deli
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Assist, as required, with any special events
- Ensure that any specific dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Ensure our guests receive the highest possible level of service
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Menu design and planning, working within a prescribed budget
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Actively upsell and work to meet weekly targets
- Assist the other Food & Beverage departments where and when required
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Work alongside the Shopkeepers to assist guests and provide the best possible service
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Ability to plan, produce and cook delicious meals of a high standard
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organised, pro-active and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification, cooking school certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training desirable
- Available for either the full season (May-September) or peak season (July & August)
- Experience of working in a similar environment as a villa or chalet chef/host is desirable
- A Full UK driving license is desirable
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa