With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of waiters and waitresses are at the forefront. The club has one main restaurant along with four bars which together serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and a variety of snacks at various points during the day.
The Peligoni Restaurant
Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am. Service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing at different times and having either a relaxed breakfast or a quick bite before heading out on a paddle board.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime, making it hard work but also great fun. Some guests will want a quick lunch before an afternoon sail and some will want to have a more leisurely afternoon over a bottle, or two, of rose. Our waiting team are there to ensure everyone is looked after and receives the best possible service.
In the mid-afternoon, most guests will take to the water as the wind conditions improve or retreat to the sun decks or the pool for a siesta. Some of the team might go off for a break, perhaps taking to the water themselves, before returning for dinner and one or two will stay on and look after any guests choosing from our all day menu.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and the restaurant will be transformed according to the day’s theme. Dinner is usually more formal than lunch and the service offered by the waiting team will reflect this. During peak season, the restaurant might host up to 130 guests in the evening and our twice-weekly Party Nights are always extremely popular – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
In addition to our club food & beverage offerings – with a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer – we also provide a villa host service which allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the comfort of their villa. As part of the restaurant team you may have the opportunity to assist our Villa Hosts providing a fantastic in-villa service with one of our tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes. This would involve assisting preparing dishes, serving meals and cleaning up afterwards, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
From time to time, the club hosts some fantastic events, from elaborate weddings for 200 guests to intimate milestone birthday parties, we encourage all of our team to get involved!
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment.
Supervisory positions are also available to those with the relevant experience and ability to take the lead.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Introduce guests to the menu and advise on any daily specials
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Set tables and ensure the restaurant is ready for service
- Take orders for food and drink
- Communicate effectively with the Bar, Kitchen and Beach Service teams
- Prepare drinks
- Serve guests efficiently with food and drink orders
- Ensure that guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Prepare bills and assign them to guest accounts accurately
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage department when and where required
- Assist with villa hosting and special events
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy restaurant environment
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Previous Cash Handling experience desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
Are you one of our next Waiting Staff?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our food and beverage team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.