Our coastal location is ideal for watersports and with the breezy nature of the afternoons, we also have fantastic calm, flat water in the mornings. The waterski and wakeboard team operate from 7am every morning to take advantage of the very best conditions Zakynthos has to offer, for as long as the weather permits, resuming in the evening if the wind dies off.
We are looking for enthusiastic waterski and wakeboard instructors to join our team and deliver fun, engaging and safe lessons to guests of all ages and abilities.
Waterskiing and Wakeboarding at Peligoni
Sessions are offered throughout the morning for guests of all abilities from veteran skiers to children learning for the first time. As the conditions start to change in the afternoon, we offer banana boat and ringo rides, which are popular with guests of all ages.
If the conditions allow, we will offer more ski sessions in the early evening for anyone who wants to give it a try or to small groups who perhaps want to go out together for an hour or so with some good music and a few drinks on board.
Waterskiing and wakeboarding are extremely popular and our Mastercrafts get booked up very quickly. The ski team must ensure that the boats are always well maintained and kept in excellent working order to avoid any disappointed guests.
Who We Are Looking For
This is the ideal position for someone who is keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. A positive, can-do attitude is essential and as a representative of Peligoni, you need to be professional, polite and always willing to help.
We are also looking for a Head of Motorised Watersports and anyone who can demonstrate they have the relevant experience for this position will be considered.
Our staff are the heart of the Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
- Provide a high level of safety and instruction
- Daily waterskiing and wakeboarding instruction and coaching
- Man the Ski reception and work closely with the reception team to manage online schedule
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Assist with other duties on the beach including kayak and SUP activities, covering safety and helping with the club’s weekly Regatta
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the ski boats
- Provide support to the childcare team, especially when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events in the club
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Ensuring billing is completed accurately
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of, and the ability to adjust to weather/sea conditions
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- UKCC Level 2 Water Ski & Wakeboard Coaching Qualification
- Ski Boat Driver Level 2 (Ski Boat Driver Level 3 is desirable)
- RYA Powerboat level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May-September) or peak season (July & August)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- A full UK/EU Driving License is desirable
Are you our next Waterski & Wakeboard Instructor?
If you think you are the perfect person to be part of our watersports team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.