From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
With something different happening every evening and with plenty of variety in styles of service, our bar team have a lot to focus on. We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to take the lead, deliver high standards and keep our bar team motivated, whilst upholding an element of fun and the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests know and love.
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: dispensing drinks for our restaurants during breakfast, lunch and dinner service as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. Our Pool Bar is a great place to hang out at any time of day – guests can swim right up to the bar and enjoy a glass of rosé or a cold beer whilst relaxing in the sun and listening to laid back summer sounds.
The Yard Bar, close to the beach, is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun. And then we have The Courtyard, a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves, perfect for events: cocktail receptions, party night dinners, wedding breakfasts, Guest Chef feasts and family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment.
Our Bar Manager will provide their team with the necessary training at the beginning of the season, and throughout, and will ensure that guests are always made to feel welcome and receive the best service possible. They will work closely with the rest of the management team to ensure our events are a roaring success week after week and will be encouraged to take part in developing ideas for new ways in which we can enhance the guest experience and increase bar sales.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team and exceeding targets.
- Oversee the day to day running of all the club’s bars
- Work with the Events Manager and rest of the F&B team to deliver club events
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Encourage a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback
- Schedule shifts, paying attention to labour costs, ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours and special events
- Create and update cocktail specials, incorporating trending industry concepts
- Ensure bars are well maintained, fully stocked for service and events and high levels of hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Ensure table service is provided at the appropriate times
- Ensure staff are fully briefed prior to a service and event
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Plan and execute bar-related events and promotions
- Provide support to the restaurant teams during meal service
- Address and resolve guest complaints or concerns promptly and professionally
- Control and minimise wastage
- Ensure adequate stock levels across all bars and manage orders and stock rotation
- Club keyholder responsibilities including closing the club from time to time
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership abilities, capable of guiding and inspiring teams to achieve peak performance, with a hands-on management approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ‘guest-first’ approach
- Effective communicator
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Creative flair for cocktail creation
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Proven experience as a Bar Manager, or Assistant Bar Manager in a high-volume bar or restaurant
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of craft cocktails, spirits, wine and beer
- Understanding of EPOS operating systems
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- A valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder