With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday and our three bars provide something for everyone.
Our Driftwood Bar team are cocktail masters, passionate about service and fantastic hosts. Are you a Margarita maestro, an expert in Espresso Martinis and wine cellar savvy? Read on…
The Driftwood Bar
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club and as the sun sets, guests gather here for a sophisticated cocktail before dinner. The Driftwood Bar is also host to our much-loved evening entertainment which includes our Open-Mic Night, the Peli Pub Quiz and our renowned Party Nights.
It’s the first to open, and the last to close, dispensing drinks during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as entertaining guests into the small hours. Lunch service is particularly busy with up to 300 guests dining each day during peak season and we regularly host up to 130 guests for dinner. With something different happening every evening, there’s never a dull moment. The most popular evenings are our Party Nights where the bar is transformed into a dance floor – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an energetic team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment.
Supervisory positions are also available to those with the relevant experience and ability to take the lead.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails and coffees
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Previous Cash Handling experience desirable
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa