Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, wing foiling, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is the perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
Our beach team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must. We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Beach Manager to lead the team to ensure the smooth delivery of fun and engaging lessons to our guests of all ages and abilities.
We like to do things well and that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing and foiling equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by Axis.
All of our instructors are fully qualified, many of them in multiple disciplines, and they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
Lessons are a mixture of one-to-one and group progressions sessions as we aim to encourage as many guests as we can to get out and have fun on the water in a safe and beautiful environment. Guests can also take advantage of our weekly RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling course, giving the opportunity to learn new skills they can take home with them.
As Beach Manager, you will be overall responsible for the day-to-day operation of the beach. This is a diverse and challenging role covering many different areas including staff management, evaluating lessons, health and safety, maintaining equipment and offering instruction.
We are looking for an energetic individual, keen to share their passion for the water with both guests and staff, ensuring the team strike the right balance when it comes to having fun and providing engaging lessons, with safety at the forefront.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the Beach
- Deliver comprehensive training to new starters, and throughout the season
- Conduct regular safety drills and provide guidance on emergency procedures
- Ensure a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests are made to feel welcome at the beach and encouraged to get out on the water
- Manage and motivate the beach team
- Provide support to the Beach Supervisors, oversee their day-to-day operation
- Ensure that daily progression sessions are run effectively
- Continually evaluate the quality of instruction and identify and address areas needing development
- Implement beach health and safety policies, ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained at all times
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk ensuring any remedial action is taken immediately
- Oversee the regular inspection, maintenance and repair of watersports equipment
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events at the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Strong leadership skills
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proven experience in managing watersports operations, preferably in a high-end, resort environment
- RYA Senior Dinghy, Windsurf or Dual Qualified Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Multihull, Advanced Dinghy or Racing Instructor endorsements are desirable
- Foiling experience is desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- A minimum of 2 years management experience in a similar environment
- Familiarity with the RYA, their requirements and inspections
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of instructing children
- Practical experience kayaking and stand up paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May – October)
- UK/EU Passport Holder