With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The beach service team take care of the sun decks and those on them, along with our beach-style bar, the ‘Yard Bar’. They are hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about service. We are looking for an experienced Beach Service Manager to take the lead.
Built into the striking volcanic rock that makes up the island’s northern coastline, our white wooden decks sit metres above the deep blue Ionian Sea. Keeping our guests hydrated, refreshed or maybe a little tipsy during the sun-soaking hours, our beach service team are on hand to provide a towel after a dip in the sea and ensure our guests don’t have to move a muscle when topping up on vitamin D.
The beach service team are also responsible for the running of The Yard Bar. Close to the beach, this is a buzzing afternoon spot, where guests can let their hair down after a day out on the water or seek some shade after a day soaking up the sun.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic Beach Service Manager to oversee the day to day running of The Yard Bar and our sun decks to ensure all drinks are delivered in a consistent, professional and timely manner. The role involves training, managing and motivating a small team to operate efficiently, delivering a high level of service and maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will ensure our beach service is always running at its best, guests are always made to feel welcome and are well looked after. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Yard Bar and service on the sun decks, focusing on efficiency and maximising the guest experience
- Ensure the team are well briefed each day and are effectively allocated to the appropriate sections
- Ensure the bar is well maintained and high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure the sun decks are well maintained and always looking their best
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Work with the Events Manager and rest of the F&B team to deliver club events
- Encourage and maintain good communication with other food & beverage teams
- Attend daily management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Manage the space on the decks: meet and greet guests and ensure they are seated on the appropriate deck
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Motivate your team to upsell, maximise on revenue generating opportunities and meet weekly targets
- Work closely with the accounts department and bar manager to ensure stock controls are actioned and in place
- Control and minimise wastage
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Have a strong knowledge of the EPOS system
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Ability to problem solve as issues arise
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working in a busy bar/restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory position
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Proven experience in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder