With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
Guests relaxing on the decks can order drinks from our wonderful beach service team, or ‘Deck Hands’, who come right to their sunbed so they don’t have to lift a finger and can make the most of their precious holiday time. We are looking for an enthusiastic Beach Service Manager to oversee the day to day running of our sun decks to ensure all drinks are delivered in a consistent, professional and timely manner. The role involves training, managing and motivating a small team to operate efficiently, delivering a high level of service and maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere.
Built into the striking volcanic rock that makes up the island’s northern coastline, our white wooden decks sit metres above the deep blue Ionian Sea. Keeping our guests hydrated, refreshed or maybe a little tipsy during the sun-soaking hours, our beach service team are on hand to provide a towel after a dip in the sea and ensure our guests don’t have to move a muscle when topping up on vitamin D.
The beach service team also look after our very popular ice cream shack and assist with our daily ‘pop-up’ lunches over the high season – taking orders and helping our chefs plate up and serve tasty dishes such as tacos, poke bowls and katsu curry wraps.
Working closely with the rest of the management team, our Beach Service Manager will ensure our beach and pool service is always running at its best, guests are always made to feel welcome and are well looked after. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Oversee the day to day running and service on the sun decks and pool area, focusing on efficiency and maximising the guest experience
- Work with the Events Manager and the rest of the F&B team to deliver club events (this will include preparing the deck space for wedding ceremonies)
- Ensure the team are well briefed each day and are effectively allocated to the appropriate sections
- Ensure the sun decks and pool area are well maintained and always looking their best
- Manage the space on the decks: meet and greet guests and ensure they are seated on the appropriate deck
- Ensure guests receive a warm welcome, prompt attention and a consistently high level of service
- Oversee the accurate and efficient processing of food and drink orders, coordinating with the team to minimise wait times
- Ensure the ice cream shack and pool bar are well stocked, well presented and clean and tidy at all times
- Manage ice cream and bar stock effectively and minimise wastage
- Liaise with the Events Chefs regarding the pop-up kitchen, ensuring the team know what is being served along with any relevant allergen information, and the area is ready for service, in good time
- Work with the Bar Manager to ensure that drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Address and resolve guest complaints or concerns promptly and professionally
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Encourage a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback
- Schedule shifts, paying attention to labour costs, ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours and special events
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Motivate your team to upsell, maximise on revenue generating opportunities and meet weekly targets
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Strong leadership abilities, capable of guiding and inspiring teams to achieve peak performance, with a hands-on management approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ‘guest-first’ approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle guest issues effectively
- Effective communicator
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Ability to problem solve as issues arise
- Proven experience in a supervisory or management role in beach/poolside service or other relevant hospitality role
- Understanding of EPOS operating systems
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder