With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
Guests relaxing on the decks can order drinks from our wonderful beach service team, or ‘Deck Hands’, who come right to their sunbed so they don’t have to lift a finger and can make the most of their precious holiday time. We are looking for people who are hard-working, enthusiastic and passionate about service to join the team.
Built into the striking volcanic rock that makes up the island’s northern coastline, our white wooden decks sit metres above the deep blue Ionian Sea. Keeping our guests hydrated, refreshed or maybe a little tipsy during the sun-soaking hours, our beach service team are on hand to provide a towel after a dip in the sea and ensure our guests don’t have to move a muscle when topping up on vitamin D.
The beach service team also look after our lively pool area, popular ice cream shack and assist with our daily ‘pop-up’ lunches over the high season – taking orders and helping our chefs plate up and serve tasty dishes such as tacos, poke bowls and katsu curry wraps.
We are looking for an energetic team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Whilst spending plenty of time in the sun will sound appealing to most, at times this is a physically demanding role with lots of ground to cover and heavy bales of towels to carry in hot conditions.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Take orders for and serve drinks, also ensuring guests are billed correctly
- Prepare a variety of drinks where necessary
- Ensure the pop-up kitchen is ready for service each day
- When assisting with the pop-up, take food orders, ensure guests are billed correctly and help plate up and serve dishes
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure the deck areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure towel area is stocked and replenished
- Ensure the ice cream shack is well stocked, well presented and clean and tidy at all times
- Serve ice creams, paying attention to allergens and ensuring there is no cross-contamination
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Energetic, fun and outgoing
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Proven experience of working in a bar, café, restaurant or similar environment
- Good knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HOLD AN EU PASSPORT