Northern Zakynthos is ideal for cycling enthusiasts of all abilities. From challenging mountain bike trails to charming road routes there is something for everyone.
Cycling is a fantastic way to explore some of the beautiful countryside in the hills surrounding the club and we are looking for an enthusiastic bike guide to lead the way.
Cycling at Peligoni
We offer road bikes, mountain bikes and for those new to the sport, electric bikes. One of our most popular trips takes guests through the port of Agios Nikolaos, past the nearby hills and around the village of Volimes. The ride passes through some enchanting landscape, olive groves and local farms, on route to the famous Navagio shipwreck lookout, before taking you along the winding, cypress-strewn paths back to the club.
Our Bike Guide will offer a daily programme of scheduled rides, keeping different abilities in mind and utilising our range of bikes. Additionally each week the Bike Guide will coordinate our popular in-house triathlon.
It is also the responsibility of the bike guide to ensure that all of our bikes are well maintained and kept in excellent condition. When not out on the bike, there will be other duties involved, for example driving, which is a great opportunity to meet guests and talk to them about the cycling on offer.
Who We Are Looking For
This is an ideal role for someone with a keen interest in cycling and a knowledge of bike mechanics. They need to be able to manage their own time effectively and will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Organise and promote a group ride schedule that caters for guests of all ages, abilities and fitness levels
- Have an intimate knowledge of the local area and be able to confidently recommend routes
- Work closely with the Reception team to ensure they are fully briefed on the bike schedule
- Actively promote the group rides
- Setup and maintain all bikes and related equipment
- Ensure our guest-facing bike shed is clean and well presented at all times
- Contribute to the development of the club’s cycling offering
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Manage online schedule
- Work closely with senior management to organise time effectively
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Passionate about cycling
- Extensive knowledge of bike mechanics
- A reasonable level of fitness, to be able to guide rides six days a week
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in a similar position is desirable
- A cycling coaching qualification is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- Full Driving License is desirable
- EU Passport Holder