We like to do things well. And that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip our beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by MasterCraft.
Our aim is to safely get as many of our guests out on the water as we can, and to do this we need a Bosun who can ensure all of our equipment is well maintained and kept in excellent condition.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone to take the lead responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of all our watersports equipment. Liaising with the Beach Manager, you will work through regular maintenance checks and perform repairs on damaged boats and boards, as and when required, to a high standard.
This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys fixing up boats, is self-motivated and can manage their own time effectively. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
From time to time, there will be additional duties which might include some guest driving, general club maintenance and helping out in other aspects of the beach operation.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Routine maintenance checks on all equipment and completion of maintenance records
- Preventative maintenance
- Fibreglass and plastic repairs to boards and boats
- Ensure a safe and tidy workshop at all times
- Work closely with the Beach Team to ensure beach equipment is in good working order
- Manage and control stock of spares
- Regularly report to the Maintenance Manager and work closely with the Beach Manager to organise time and deadlines effectively
- Additional maintenance tasks around the club
- Liaise with General Manager on additional stock, expenditure requirements and potential issues
- Maintain good relationships with local suppliers
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Assist with driving when and where required
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Able to communicate effectively
- Have excellent time management and reliability
- Proven experience in maintaining water sports equipment
- Fibreglass repair experience
- Proven experience in powerboat engine maintenance
- A full UK/EU Driving License
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience driving in Europe
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Dinghy or Windsurf Instructor is desirable
- RYA Safety Boat is desirable
- Category B+E tow licence desirable
- Boat towing experience is desirable
- Previous experience in a seasonal role is desirable
- Available for the full season (April/May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa