Our kitchen team provide an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes, across three busy restaurants focusing mainly on a mix of Mediterranean and Modern European cuisine. We also host a number of weekly events, including a Food Festival with ‘street food’ style pop ups and family feasts.
We are looking for a talented chef to focus on our increasingly popular breakfasts and deliver everything they prepare to the high standard that our guests have come to expect. They need to be self-motivated, able to manage their time effectively and have impeccable attention to detail. Our chefs are team players looking for a challenge who love what they do and are excited to share it with others.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes and Tasi provides an informal setting with bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea. The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well and is a just a two minute drive away.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. With more and more guests coming to the club earlier in the day and joining us for breakfast, we are looking for someone who can be dedicated to this. They will be responsible for ensuring all preparation is done, managing service and cooking up every dish to a consistently high standard. There will be plenty of opportunity to get involved with the rest of operation – assisting with lunch service and evening events from time to time.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s fifth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer, Neil Rankin, Tom Brown, James Cochran, Romy Gill, Tim Siadatan and Gill Meller, to name a few.
This is the perfect position for self-motivated early-risers who can work independently and who are comfortable working in an open kitchen and having interaction with guests.
- Responsible for all elements of breakfast service including all preparation and cooking
- Work in other areas of the kitchen and events as and when required
- Work on events on our weekly agenda as and when required
- Work with the Head Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 1 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a similar position is desirable
- Available for either the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder