With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our café provides something for everyone, with our talented baristas serving up delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices from the early morning.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique and the cafe team are no exception. We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service.
The café is one of the first areas of the club to open each morning, welcoming the early-risers and keen water-skiers and cyclists with a coffee fix and freshly cooked pastry. As the sun continues to rise, more and more guests arrive at the club and the café becomes a buzzing hub which almost everyone will pass by on their way to breakfast or the beach – our freshly made smoothies and juices are always popular and there are plenty of requests for our daily specials.
As lunch service begins, there’s typically a period of calm, before the mid-afternoon when it’s usually our younger guests who are lining up for milkshakes. For those wanting a little indulgence after a sail or a windsurf, delicious homemade cakes are served for afternoon tea.
We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service. Our café team will be preparing juices and smoothies to order, as well as fantastic coffee; the café can get very busy so good organisation skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure are a must. This is a role for those early bird risers who have that ‘get up and go’ personality to welcome our guests in the early mornings.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Support the dispense section of the bar where necessary
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working in a busy cafe environment
- A barista qualification or evidence of Barista training
- Strong knowledge of coffee
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder