The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: part bar, part cafe. It’s the first to open, and the last to close, dispensing drinks during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as entertaining guests into the small hours.
Breakfast is served in the bar area overlooking the calm waters and early morning water skiers with talented baristas producing delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. Fresh juices and smoothies are always popular and there are plenty of requests for the daily specials.
As lunch service begins, there’s typically a period of calm, before the mid-afternoon when it’s usually our younger guests who are lining up for milkshakes. For those wanting a little indulgence after a sail or a windsurf, delicious homemade cakes are served for afternoon tea. Our friendly and welcoming baristas serve up fresh juices and smoothies, coffees, milkshakes and homemade treats throughout the day.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service. They will make fantastic coffee, tasty milkshakes and freshly squeezed juices. This is a role for those early bird risers who have that ‘get up and go’ personality to welcome our guests in the early mornings.
As part of the Driftwood Bar team you will also help out with dispense for our two restaurants and occasional evening shifts.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique and the cafe team are no exception. The cafe in The Driftwood Bar is a busy part of the club making this is a challenging role but one which can really have an impact on our guests’ experience.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Support dispense section of the bar, making a variety of alcoholic beverages including cocktails
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Be highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy cafe environment
- A barista qualification or evidence of Barista training
- Strong knowledge of coffees, wines, spirits and cocktails
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa