The Café is at the heart of the club, especially in the mornings and late afternoons. Our friendly and welcoming baristas serve up fresh juices and smoothies, coffees, milkshakes and homemade treats throughout the day.
The Café is one of the first areas of the club to open each morning as the team welcome guests coming for an early morning water-ski with a delicious hot coffee. This area serves lighter bites compared to breakfast at Tasi. Fresh juices and smoothies are always popular and there are plenty of requests for the daily specials. As lunch service begins, there’s typically a period of calm, before the mid-afternoon when it’s usually our younger guests who are lining up for milkshakes. For those wanting a little indulgence after a sail or a windsurf, delicious homemade cakes are served for afternoon tea.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service. As Café Supervisor, you will be overall responsible for the day to day running of The Café and ensuring standards are maintained.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique and the cafe team are no exception. The Café is a busy part of the club making this is a challenging role but one which can really have an impact on our guests’ experience.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Responsible for the day to day running of The Café
- Ensure The Café is set-up and closed down to the required standard
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Serve guests efficiently with food and drink orders
- Confidently give advice, guidance and recommendations on the menu
- Prepare drinks including coffees, fresh juices and smoothies, to a high standard
- Develop/manage a small team to ensure they deliver a consistently high level of service
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for a daily cleaning rota, regular deep clean of The Café area and completion of daily records for health and safety
- Train team members from other departments on how to prepare all items on the menu
- Ensure adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for The Café and manage orders and stock rotation
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported and dealt with in a timely manner
- Assist the other F&B departments where and when required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Be highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Have excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Be able to make a variety of different coffees to a high standard
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a café environment
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training
- Experience in a supervisory position
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- Previous Cash Handling experience desirable
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder