With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Our kitchen team provides an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes.
Last summer we revamped food at Peligoni with the introduction of two exciting new restaurant concepts. This year, we’re going a step further and creating a third dining space in our stunning Courtyard which will feature a variety of barbeque dishes cooked over an open fire complemented by freshly prepared salads and sides.
The Terraces seat around 80 covers and is home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen where chefs show off their culinary skills and families gather to dine in style.
Tasi provides an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates. Food arrives as it is ready, Venitian cicchetti in style. Guests can order as little or as much as they like, spend hours relaxing with a bottle of wine and good company, or grab a quick bite before heading out onto the water.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am and service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing up until 11am.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in all three restaurant with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflects this. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family babrbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. Once a week we host a dinner party in The Terraces, giving guests the opportunity to dress up for dinner and meet new people and our chefs the chance to really show off their culinary skills.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s fourth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer and Gill Meller, to name a few and this summer is set to be another great series with feasts from the Gladwin Brothers, Elizabeth Haigh, Neil Rankin and more.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team of experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurants, whether based in our prep kitchen or in our open kitchens producing quality dishes, our chefs are team players looking for a challenge who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work on events on our weekly agenda as and when required
- Work on events such as weddings and Guest Chef feasts as and when required
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a fast-paced tapas style restaurant is desirable
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder