At Peligoni, our focus is to inspire our younger guests to be all they can be and make the most of their holiday. This applies to our youngest guests joining us in one of our crèches, to older kids taking part in high-energy activities and our teenage guests who want to break away from mum and dad and make new friends.
We are looking for an experienced Childcare Manager to help us to continue to build on our reputation for ensuring just the right balance of action, activity, support and space to learn. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong childcare background who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and that shares our commitment to providing a happy, safe and stimulating environment for children of all ages to play, learn and develop freely.
This is a varied role and will involve overseeing our crèches and coordinating activities for children aged from 4 months – 17 years.
Our crèches are designed to be a safe haven where parents can leave their little ones in the care of our experienced and qualified team whilst they relax and enjoy the club, open 7 days per week and caring for children from 4 months to 3 years. Our main crèche is located on-site in a secure walled off section with a large grassy area for children to play safely; during busy periods, we open our second crèche, situated below the Peli Deli, which offers a bright and airy indoor play space and large open garden. Both spaces provide a calm and comforting environment for little ones with soft play as well as more stimulating toys, games and activities for toddlers.
Children aged 4 or 5, or our ‘Rugrats’, are encouraged to join our daily programme of activities, led by our ‘Rugrat Leaders’ who will report to the Childcare Manager. This involves a variety of high-energy and creative activities, which will take place within ‘the den’ and in different areas of the club.
During high season, the club is extremely popular with families and we offer a varied and engaging range of activities and games for children aged 5-11. From treasure hunts to pizza making and rock painting to our very own Olympic games, there’s plenty to keep them busy. Our Childcare Manager will be expected to work alongside our partners to ensure that everything has been thought through, risk assessments have been carried out and activities are delivered with energy and enthusiasm and kids cannot wait for what’s next on the agenda.
The Peligoni Club is a holiday destination for all ages, but we know that family holidays with teenagers can be a difficult balancing act for parents to get right. It’s a place where teens can roam free, mingle with other guests and make their own fun without feeling like they are constantly being monitored. Our Teen Leaders will subtly encourage them to get involved in daily activities and make new friends without it feeling too much like forced, organised fun.
These activities might include a thrilling catamaran joyride, a tennis tournament, a SUP safari or a chilled evening playing cards over dinner. Our Childcare Manager will work with our Teen Leaders to ensure there is always something for everyone from age 11+ to take part in.
The is a challenging role, looking after a wide range of ages and will involve leading a small team with mixed experience, curating a programme of activities that are interesting, educational, stimulating and fun for all age groups and ensuring effective communication with parents and carers, as well as the rest of the Peligoni team, many of which will also be involved in the delivery of what we offer for both kids and teens. Strong organisation skills are required to manage activity timetables and staff rotas and to ensure that everyone involved in a specific activities knows exactly what is expected of them and when.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Plan and co-ordinate all activities for children up to 17 years, working alongside our partners where necessary
- Brief the reception and guest relations team fully on activities and any changes to the planned agendas in good time
- Train, manage and motivate a small team
- Work closely with our Teen Leaders, providing the necessary guidance and support
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment for our young guests
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Work with the Crèche Manager to ensure timetables do not clash and that any staff cover needs are met wherever possible
- Provide support and advice to the Crèche Manager
- Report any maintenance issues within the den and any other areas used by the team in a timely manner
- Review and suggest developments to our childcare policies and practices
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Respond to any emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Host evening activities
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Minimum Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Previous management experience in a similar setting
- Proven experience working with young children and teenagers
- Early years knowledge and experience is desirable
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- DBS Certificate
- Available for the whole season (May-October)
- A full Driving License is desirable
- UK/EU Passport Holder