The Peligoni Crèches are designed to be a safe haven where parents can leave their little ones in the care of our experienced and qualified childcare team whilst they relax and enjoy the club. From treasure hunts to pizza making and rock painting to Olympic games, there’s plenty to keep children of all ages busy with a varied and engaging programme of activities during the peak season.
We are looking for an experienced Crèche Manager to lead a team of Childcare Professionals, who can work across a wide range of age groups, to ensure that our younger guests are always entertained and cared for.
Our crèches are open 7 days per week and care for children from 4 months to 3 years. The crèches provide a calm and comforting environment for little ones with soft play as well as more stimulating toys, games and activities for toddlers. Our aim is to ensure that children have the opportunity to play with others their own age with appropriate activities but to also provide the flexibility to allow children to hang out with older siblings if they are more comfortable with this.
Our main crèche is located on-site in a secure walled off section with a large grassy area for children to play safely. During busy periods, we open our second crèche, situated below the Peli Deli, which offers a bright and airy indoor play space and large open garden.
In addition to fun-packed days, evening care and activities are also offered on selected evenings during both low and high season, as well as babysitting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced childcare manager who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and that shares our commitment to providing a happy, safe and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
The role will involve leading a small team of childcare professionals, curating a programme of activities that are interesting, educational, stimulating and fun for all age groups and ensuring effective communication with parents and carers. We need a team who are full of energy, creative and caring and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Train, manage and motivate a small team of childcare professionals
- Plan and carry out a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of the crèche
- Report any maintenance issues within the crèche in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Provide support to the rest of the childcare team
- Respond to any emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Work within ratio as and when required
- Host evening activities
- Prepare healthy and nutritious snacks for children
- Work with the kitchen team to provide a balanced lunch and supper for children, daily
- Work a minimum of 2 nights babysitting (for which you will be paid extra)
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership skills
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Level 3 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar setting
- Proven experience working with babies
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- DBS Certificate
- Available for the whole season (May-October)
- A full Driving License is desirable
- UK/EU Passport Holder