The Peli Deli offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our deli team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pizza and pasta, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2 minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Peli Deli
The Deli team also ensure that all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are met. With a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer, our villa host service allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the pool.
We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa alongside the option of a hosting service whereby one of the Peligoni team will come to the villa to cook, serve and clean up, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
In addition to hampers and hostings, the Deli is also home to our guest shopping service. Guests request a shopping list, a mix of Deli produce and supermarket items, in advance of their arrival and our Shopkeepers will deliver it directly to their villa. Throughout the week, guests may visit the Deli to pick up more supplies to either take away with them or have delivered.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone to support and assist the Deli Manager with the day to day running of the Deli’s front of house. This will involve ensuring that the Deli & Villa Hosts operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining Peligoni’s vibrant holiday atmosphere. Working very closely with the Deli Manager and Deli Head Chef, they will ensure that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered.
The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for someone who is highly-motivated with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Assist the Deli Manager with the day-to-day running of the Deli
- Ensure the Deli, both front and back of house, is always well maintained
- Ensure a high level of service is delivered at all times
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurant
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- With the Deli Head Chef, ensure menus and daily specials are prepared and communicated in good time
- Ensure the Deli is always well stocked and liaise with the Deli Head Chef to minimise waste
- Ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Assist with the preparation of hamper orders, where required
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Encourage and maintain good communication amongst the Deli team and with the club team
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the deli is secure at all times
- Assist, as required, with any special events
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Maintain a high standard of service with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant or deli environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- An up to date First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- A Full UK driving license is desirable
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa