Duty Managers assist the General Management Team in the day to day running of the club. They are front of house, getting to know our guests, ensuring the club is running to schedule and that all of our departments are working together to provide the best possible experience for our guests.
The Duty Managers are the first ones in and the last ones out of the club. They are visible to all guests and staff, moving around all departments, checking in with department heads, offering support and championing the Peligoni Club.
The Duty Manager
The club opens at 7am with early-birds arriving to take advantage of the mirror-flat conditions with a water-ski and keen cyclists preparing for a gruelling ride around the island. Everything must look it’s best from morning through until night and the Duty Manager will ensure that all areas of the club have been cleaned and prepared as they should, they remain well maintained and any issues are rectified quickly and effectively.
Throughout the day and into the evening, there are various events and activities on offer and our Duty Manager will work with the relevant departments to ensure these take place in the way they should. They will be pro-active, handling any issues before bigger problems arise and moving staff around should one area of the club have a greater need for resources than another at any given time.
This is a hands-on role which will involve a large amount of problem solving and getting stuck in wherever is needed, be it launching boats on the beach, running food in the restaurant or making coffees in the café. In the absence of the general management team, you will assume responsibility for the club and be the first port of call for any issues, complaints and emergencies.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident all-rounder with an impeccable attention to detail who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as ensure a consistently high level of service. They must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to support a team with varied experience and responsibilities in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will get to know our guests and our team members alike and lead from the front.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from being part of a team and comes with scope for more long-term opportunities.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Act on behalf of the General Management Team in their absence
- When on duty manage and oversee the running of the club
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club
- Ensure all guest-facing areas are always clean, tidy and setup correctly.
- Ensure all back of house areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered across all departments at all times
- Promote best practices and ensure the safety of guests and staff alike
- Provide the necessary support to other department managers during busy service times and whenever else required
- Continuously assist with the training, development, management and motivation of staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Understand the check-in and check-out process so you can assist where necessary
- Encourage and maintain good communication across all departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Respond to any guest or staff emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete daily reports relating to the day to day running of the club
- Ensure all scheduled club activities are well planned and run as per the daily agenda
- Maintain good relationships with local suppliers and contacts
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Cash Handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Good knowledge of watersports is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate desirable
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September)
- Full driving license