We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to take the lead with all of our club events. Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night; add to this a number of weddings during the low season, our Guest Chef series and peak season lunch ‘pop-ups’, we have a variety of different events which require a dedicated team of chefs.
The season kicks off with PACE – a week of wellness focused on health, nutrition and lifestyle where we are joined by Guest Chefs hosting delicious feasts, cooking demonstrations and workshops.
We host a number of weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food.
Throughout the low season we host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s sixth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menus. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer, Neil Rankin, Tom Brown, James Cochran, Romy Gill, Tim Siadatan, The Happy Pear and Gill Meller, to name a few.
Towards the end of the season, we look forward to our annual House Party – four days of sun filled revelry featuring live music, creative workshops and elaborate feasts. This is the highlight of our season and whilst an incredible amount of hard work is required, the staff enjoy it just as much as the guests.
In addition to this, we will be hosting a wedding almost every week of the low season, each a little different and not only involving the traditional wedding breakfast but also other events such as cocktail parties on the decks, intimate ceremonies in olive groves and daytime pool parties in one of our stunning guest villas.
This is a challenging, yet extremely rewarding role that requires a passion for great food and service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what is a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of food related events on our weekly agenda, including but not limited to our welcome BBQ, ‘Dinner Party’ evening and Food Festival.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of our peak season lunch pop-ups
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of food-related wedding events
- Work alongside any guests chefs and ensure they are welcomed and have all the assistance they require
- Lead, inspire and mentor a team of kitchen staff, including sous chef, CDPs and kitchen assistants
- Set high standards and ensure consistency in food preparation and presentation
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef to develop existing events menu, introduce new dishes and adapt recipes as needed
- Maintain strict quality control measures to ensure the high standards are maintained
- Train and develop a skilled and motivated team, encouraging a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback
- Manage inventory, ordering and stock rotation to minimise waste and maximise cost-efficiency. Monitor and control food costs whilst maintaining high quality standards
- Work closely with the front of house team to ensure a seamless dining experience for our guests
- Schedule shifts, paying attention to labour costs, ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours and special events
- Proven experience as a Head Chef
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Extensive knowledge of culinary techniques, cuisines and food safety standards
- Experience in managing a diverse team
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Exceptional creativity and a passion for innovation
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Effective communicator
- Strong organisational and time management abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressured environment
- Knowledge of cost control and budget management
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- An up to date Food Hygiene certificate
- Available for the full season (May – October)
- EU Passport Holder