Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night; add to this a number of weddings during the low season and our Guest Chef series, we have a number of events which require a great deal of forward planning. We are looking for an experienced Events Manager to take the lead in ensuring all of our events are well prepared for and delivered to the high standard that our guests expect.
Events at Peligoni
We host a number of weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. Once a week we host a dinner party in The Terraces, giving guests the opportunity to dress up for dinner and meet new people and our chefs the chance to really show off their culinary skills.
Throughout the low season we also host our Guest Chef Series. Now in it’s fourth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike.
Towards the end of the season, we host our House Party – four days of sun filled revelry featuring live music, creative workshops and elaborate feasts. This is the highlight of our season and whilst an incredible amount of hard work is required, the staff enjoy it just as much as the guests.
In addition to this, we will be hosting a wedding almost every week of the low season, each a little different and not only involving the traditional wedding breakfast but also other events such as cocktail parties on the decks, intimate ceremonies in olive groves and daytime pool parties in one of our stunning guest villas.
Our Events Manager will work closely with the General Management team to co-ordinate all aspects of an event set-up. This will require excellent communication with our food and beverage team, facilities team and anyone else who may be involved with any given event. They will also be on the floor during the event to provide support to the rest of the team, problem-solve and ensure everything runs smoothly.
Other duties will include those of a Duty Manager who assists the General Management Team in the day to day running of the club. They are front of house, getting to know our guests, ensuring the club is running to schedule and that all of our departments are working together to provide the best possible experience for our guests.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident all-rounder with an impeccable attention to detail who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as ensure a consistently high level of service. They must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to support a team with varied experience and responsibilities in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Working closely with the rest of the management team, they will get to know our guests and our team members alike and lead from the front.
This is a challenging but extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from being part of a team and comes with scope for more long-term opportunities.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Coordinate the delivery of weekly club events including the family barbeque, weekly ‘dinner party’ and food festival evening.
- Liaise with the Events Director to ensure all the necessary preparations have been made for weddings and their associated events
- Communicate effectively with the relevant departments, including the food and beverage team and the facilities team to ensure everyone knows exactly what is expected from them in relation to any given event
- When ‘on duty’ manage and oversee the running of the club including but not limited to ensuring all guest-facing areas are always clean, tidy and setup correctly; back of house areas are clean and tidy and all scheduled club activities are well planned and run as per the daily agenda
- Act on behalf of the General Management Team in their absence
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Promote best practices and ensure the safety of guests and staff alike
- Provide the necessary support to other department managers during busy service times and whenever else required
- Continuously assist with the training, development, management and motivation of staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Understand the check-in and check-out process so you can assist where necessary
- Encourage and maintain good communication across all departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Respond to any guest or staff emergencies in an effective and efficient manner
- Complete daily reports relating to the day to day running of the club
- Maintain good relationships with local suppliers and contacts
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Cash Handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Previous events experience is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate desirable
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September)
- Full driving license