With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday. Our kitchen team provide an array of interesting varied meal options to suit all tastes.
Last summer we revamped food at Peligoni with the introduction of two exciting new restaurant concepts. This year, we’re going a step further and creating a third dining space for 50 covers in our stunning Courtyard which will feature a variety of barbeque dishes cooked over an open fire complemented by freshly prepared salads and sides.
The Terraces seat around 80 covers and is home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen and Tasi provides an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates, Venitian cicchetti in style. Each of these restaurants will be led by their very own Sous Chef who will report to our Head Chef.
In addition to our three restaurants, we also host a number of events over the low season including a number of weddings and our renowned Guest Chef series. Now in it’s fourth year, accomplished chefs join us each week working directly with our kitchen team to showcase their talent and produce a delicious and exciting menu to dazzle foodie fans, staff and guests alike. In previous years we have be joined by Ellis Barrie, Jackson Boxer and Gill Meller, to name a few and this summer is set to be another great series with feasts from the Gladwin Brothers, Elizabeth Haigh, Neil Rankin and more.
Towards the end of the season, we host our House Party – four days of sun filled revelry featuring live music, creative workshops and wellness events. Food is a big part of our micro-festival with fun pop-ups, elaborate feasts and more guest chefs to work with.
Food at Peligoni
When we’re not putting on elaborate events, we’re producing breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in all three restaurant with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflects this. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. As Events Sous Chef, you will also be very much involved in these, making this is a varied and exciting role.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for an experienced sous chef who can focus on our events during the low season and then take on the running of our Courtyard Restaurant during the high season. This will involve liaising directly with our Guest Chefs to ensure they are welcomed to Peligoni and they have everything they need. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some extremely talented chefs and to build on your own skills and experience.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role for a talented sous chef looking to broaden their experience in a stunning environment. They will need to be self-motivated and pro-active, able to lead a small team and have a real passion for what they do.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Communicate effectively with any guest chefs coming to the club, understand their requirements and assist with any order and preparations
- Work alongside any guests chefs as required and ensure they are welcomed and have all the assistance they require
- Work with the Head Chef to deliver food related events on our weekly agenda
- Assist the Head Chef with preparations and service for weddings as and when required
- Responsibility for the day to day running of one of our Courtyard Restaurant during high season
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Communicate effectively with the Head Chef and other Sous Chefs to manage ordering requirements and minimize waste
- Work with the Head Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to keep a team motivated in a high pressured environment
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with large scale events and weddings is desirable
- Experience in a fast-paced tapas style restaurant is desirable
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)