We want to ensure that our club looks great and works to its best at all times, no matter what the weather does or what challenges come our way. This means we need talented people to keep everything in top notch condition on a daily basis.
Whether it is repairing a sail, rebuilding a sun deck or putting a fresh coat of paint on the bar floor, our maintenance staff are the behind-the-scenes team who keep the club running and looking its best; we are looking for a self-motivated, skilled leader with a keen eye for detail and who enjoys a challenge.
Maintenance at Peligoni
This is the ideal position for someone who is going to enjoy getting involved in lots of different aspects of the club operation. From ensuring repairs are carried out in a timely manner, the club grounds and equipment are well maintained and taking the lead with the physical set up of many of our events, this is an interesting and varied role which will suit someone who enjoys physical work, multi-tasking and who gains satisfaction from fixing things and making them run.
Repairs could involve anything from a leaking tap and a blocked loo to a faulty dishwasher, broken sun deck or repainting the floor in one of our bars. Where a task is beyond the skills of the team, you will coordinate with local tradesmen and contractors to ensure repairs are actioned quickly and the impact on guests is kept to an absolute minimum.
A large part of the job is keeping everything running and looking its best – you will be managing a small team, including a number of local staff, and will not only be responsible for reacting to damages and maintenance issues but also for carrying out preventative maintenance and ensuring daily housekeeping tasks, such as sweeping paths, clearing leaves and disposing of waste, are completed.
Our Maintenance team and drivers play an important role in the delivery of our popular evening events. They carry out a lot of the physical work – moving tables and chairs into place for weddings and feasts; setting up pop-up food stalls for our weekly food festival and rigging up shades, lighting and whatever else may be required.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a challenging yet rewarding role and involves working under a degree of pressure, especially when things don’t always go to plan. Excellent practical skills, the ability to delegate and not being afraid to get your hands dirty are a must, along with a good sense of humour. This position requires a great deal of flexibility and you need to be happy to jump in and help with any situation.
We build a lot of things with wood including our sun decks, beach shacks and pergolas so carpentry skills are preferred. Any mechanical knowledge is also an advantage to help us keep our fleet of vehicles in good working order.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Provide logistical support to the daily club operation, including the set-up of special events
- Ensure routine maintenance checks on all equipment and maintenance records are completed
- Prioritise and delegate general club and staff accommodation maintenance issues
- Carry our preventative maintenance
- Ensure a safe and tidy workshop at all times
- Ensure the Maintenance team is motivated and focused
- Work closely with local staff to complete maintenance tasks
- Regularly report to the General Manager regarding time management and deadlines
- Liaise with General Manager on additional stock, expenditure requirements and potential issues
- Support the Driver team with maintenance and upkeep of club vehicles
- Assist with driving when and where required
- Work closely with local suppliers, tradesmen and contractors
- Provide ‘best practice’ training to other departments
- Assist other departments where necessary
- Deliver a high level of workmanship at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Safe and experienced driver
- Carpentry skills are highly desirable
- Good practical and mechanical vehicle knowledge
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to delegate and communicate effectively
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Trade experience/background – plumbing, carpentry, building, etc.
- A full driving license (please note you may have to obtain an International Driving Permit)
- Minimum age 23 (for vehicle insurance purposes)
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience driving in Europe
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar position is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar environment is desirable
- Available for the full season (April/May-September/October)
- EU Passport holder/Eligible for Greece Working Holiday Visa