Everyone wants to come home from their holiday glowing with health, but also having enjoyed their trip to the utmost and that might mean indulging in daily pain au chocolats or ordering that extra bottle of wine at lunch without hesitation. We believe it is perfectly possible to enjoy it all, and our wellness offerings allows guests to indulge, but still arrive at the airport feeling infinitely better than when they left.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated fitness instructor who can offer a range of daily classes that cater to all ages and abilities, all from a beautiful Greek island.
Wellness at Peligoni
The club has a small, well-equipped outdoor gym that guests can use as and when they please as part of their membership. In addition to this, we offer a daily programme of group classes that might include a sunrise yoga session, an intense HIIT class or bootcamp style circuits.
With an emphasis on wellness in 2019, we will also be offering more relaxed daily sessions, such as morning coastal walks and paddleboard safaris, that don’t necessarily have to involve Lycra.
Who We Are Looking For
This is the ideal role for a qualified fitness instructor who is looking for a new challenge and the freedom and flexibility to be able to provide their own programme of diverse and engaging classes. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Design and promote a fitness and activity programme that caters for guests of all ages, abilities and fitness levels
- Offer Personal Training sessions to individuals and small groups
- Work closely with the Reception team to ensure they are fully briefed on the fitness schedule
- Setup and maintain gym equipment
- Ensure the gym is clean and well presented at all times
- Contribute to the development of the club’s wellness offering
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Work closely with senior management to organise time effectively
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- Manage online schedule
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Level 2 Diploma in Fitness Instructing, or equivalent
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Valid Fitness First Aid Certificate
- Fitness & Yoga Instructor Insurance
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar environment
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa