We like to think of Peligoni as a home away from home, and our front of house team are the perfect hosts. The level of pride we take is second to none, our warm and friendly approach is never forgotten and our attention to detail is what makes our guests come back year after year.
The main role of our front of house team is to manage and co-ordinate restaurant and event reservations and to greet and seat guests for lunch and dinner. They will get to know our guests, learn their individual likes, dislikes, make recommendations, introductions and provide a familiar face to ensure each guest enjoys Peligoni at it’s finest.
Food at Peligoni
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Our host team will work together to manage reservations and maximise capacity across our three unique dining spaces. During lunch service, they will each host a restaurant, greeting and seating guests, juggling tables for early and late-comers and providing additional support to the restaurant teams.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night. The Courtyard plays host to weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. Our hosts are on hand to meet guests as they arrive, check them in and support the team throughout the event.
When we are not hosting an event, at least one of our restaurants will be open in the evening. Dinner tends to take a slower pace than lunch, allowing our hosts to spend more time with guests, offering drinks and upselling wine. In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Our hosts will also know everything there is to know about Peligoni; the majority of our guests join us for lunch on a daily basis as well as attend a number of evening events so you will get to know them and be able to talk to them about their week, make recommendations and answer any queries they may have.
Who We Are Looking For
Providing a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere, managing the flow of guests into our restaurants and knowing all there is to know, our front of house team make hard work and high pressure look effortless.
This is a demanding role suited to fast thinkers and social butterflies with hospitality experience.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Coordinate restaurant reservations to maximise capacity across all three restaurants
- Identify any double bookings and resolve to maximise capacity
- Confirm reservations with guests, where necessary
- Communicate no-shows with the reception team and ensure they are billed for
- Manage reservations during lunch and dinner service using Open Table
- Greet and seat guests during lunch and dinner service, and events where necessary
- Confidently make wine and drink recommendations
- Support the food and beverage team during lunch and dinner service, and events where necessary
- Support the guest relations team during events
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club and the local area
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the club facilities and what there is to do in the local area
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues quickly as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Experience with a restaurant reservations system, i.e. Open Table is desirable
- Good knowledge of wine and beverage
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Available for the full season (May – September)