Our staff are a mixture of experienced seasonal workers, hospitality professionals and enthusiastic students. We all work together to create the perfect destination holiday for our guests, with an emphasis on fantastic service, watersports tuition for all ages, and sophisticated socialising.
We recruit up to 140 seasonal staff over the summer across a range of exciting positions from watersports instructors to waiting staff, tennis coaches to spa therapists and receptionists to bartenders. We also employ chefs, drivers, nannies, villa hosts, tennis coaches, fitness instructors and more.
Staff Welfare at Peligoni
A summer season is a completely unique environment – everyone lives and works together and whilst for most it’s an unforgettable and rewarding experience it can, at times, be overwhelming and exhausting. The wellbeing of our staff is incredibly important to us and we are looking for someone who is caring and approachable who can help us to provide support to the team.
You will work very closely with our department managers to ensure that the needs of our staff are being met and to help resolve any issues or conflicts that arise within the team. There will also be a number of administrative duties involved including monitoring rotas and working hours and preparing information for payroll. You will also provide further support to the operations team with recruiting new staff throughout the season and ensuring that any new starters receive an induction and the necessary training.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who is either hoping to start a career in employee wellbeing or HR and personal development, or someone already in this field looking to take a break and use their skills and experience in beautiful surroundings and with the sea on your doorstep.
This is not your regular office job – you will be expected to engage with the team in their place of work, so you may spend some of your time working with the beach team, helping out in the restaurant and being staff driver for the morning. This is a great way to build relationships and identify anyone who may be struggling and need some additional support.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing, windsurfing or motorised watersports.
- Be a point of contact for employees who wish to discuss and share any personal challenges they may have both in and out of the workplace. Discuss and agree any necessary course of action with the relevant department managers or the operations team.
- Resolve issues between the management team and employees
- Mediate any conflicts within the team
- Ensure any sick or injured employees are given the appropriate care and support
- Coordinate with the kitchen team to ensure that staff with specific dietary requirements and/or food allergies are catered for
- Conduct regular checks of staff accommodations to ensure they are kept clean, tidy and in a state of good repair. Work with the maintenance team to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Suggest and implement ways in which we can maintain a high level of staff morale
- Coordinate with department managers to create staff rotas and monitor working hours
- Ensure that working hours are being managed effectively to avoid overspending
- Prepare payroll information by providing relevant data such as overtime, holiday and absences
- Assist the operations team with the recruitment process during the summer season, including submitting job postings online, corresponding with applicants and scheduling interviews
- Perform administrative duties in relation to the recruitment process including sending offers and contracts, collecting personal information and ensuring that any legal paperwork required has been completed
- Coordinate staff travel
- Coordinate with the operations team and department managers to ensure new starters receive the necessary induction and training and are issued with the correct uniform
- Manage the uniform stock and reissue where necessary throughout the season
- Coordinate with the operations team and department managers to ensure the appraisal system is being carried out effectively and consistently
- Prepare for and record the outcome of any disciplinary and grievance meetings, i.e. prepare hearing invites/results of a disciplinary hearing etc.
- Maintaining employee records, including disciplinary and grievance logs
- Assist with the driving of staff between the club and their accommodation
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to have challenging conversations without being judgemental
- Sensitivity to personal issues
- Attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Previous experience of working in a seasonal environment
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Available for the full season (May – September)
- A full UK/EU Driving License
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa