We want to ensure that our club looks great and works to its best at all times, no matter what the weather does or what challenges come our way. This means we need talented people to keep everything in top notch condition on a daily basis.
We are looking for self motivated individuals with a keen eye for detail and who enjoy a challenge. Whether it is repairing a sail, rebuilding a sun deck or putting a fresh coat of paint on the bar floor, our maintenance staff are the behind-the-scenes team who keep the club running and looking its best.
This is the ideal position for someone who enjoys general maintenance, is self-motivated, resourceful and can manage their own time effectively. They will have a positive, can-do attitude and as a representative of Peligoni, they will be professional, polite and always willing to help.
We build a lot of things with wood including our sun decks, beach shacks and pergolas so carpentry skills are preferred. Any mechanical knowledge is also an advantage to help us keep our fleet of vehicles in good working order.
From time to time, there will be additional duties which might include some guest or staff driving, setting up for weekly events and helping out in other parts of the club – this position requires a great deal of flexibility and you need to be happy to jump in and help with any situation.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Routine maintenance checks on all equipment and completion of maintenance records
- Prioritise and resolve general club and staff accommodation maintenance issues
- Carry out preventative maintenance
- Assist with the set up of weekly events
- Work closely with the beach team to ensure beach equipment is in good working order
- Work closely with local staff to complete maintenance tasks
- Regularly report to the Facilities Manager to organise time and deadlines effectively
- Support our drivers in maintenance and upkeep of club vehicles
- Work closely with local suppliers
- Deliver a high level of workmanship at all times
- Assist with driving when and where required
- Ensure a safe and tidy workshop at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Outstanding work ethic
- Safe and experienced driver
- Carpentry skills are highly desirable
- Good practical and mechanical vehicle knowledge
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated, proactive and highly organised
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Trade experience/background – plumbing, carpentry, building, etc.
- A full driving license
- Minimum age 21 (for insurance purposes)
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience driving in Europe
- Previous experience in a similar position is desirable
- Previous hospitality experience is desirable
- Available for the full season (April/May-September/October)
- EU Passport Holder