The Peli Deli is the latest addition to the club’s extensive food offering, selling an array of local produce from charcuterie boards and freshly prepared salads to delicious homemade treats and three course meals that guests can finish cooking back to their villa.
Located just five minutes away from the club, the Deli is somewhere our guests, and passers-by, can stop for a quiet coffee or a quick lunch, and is also home to our villa host and shopping services.
We are looking for two energetic and highly motivated individuals to take responsibility for the front of house side of the Deli operation. The role will involve engaging with guests, making shopping recommendations and ensuring the Deli always looks it best.
In addition to this, the Deli’s front of house team will also be responsible for our shopping service. Before guests arrive they are given the opportunity to pre-order items to be delivered to their villa on the day of their arrival. With assistance from the Deli’s Chef, this will involve ordering produce, ensuring there is additional stock to sell in the Deli and preparing and delivering shopping to villas.
A typical day as a Peligoni Shopkeeper may begin with an early start, bringing in and checking a delivery followed by picking, weighing and packaging items ready to provide a personalised shopping list to one of our stunning guest properties. In the afternoon you might be assisting the Villa Hosts in the Deli with visiting guests or driving to a villa to deliver a beautifully prepared hamper.
Who We Are Looking For
The Peli Deli is still relatively new with a great deal of potential and we are looking for a team with the passion and commitment to make it a success. There will be a real emphasis on promoting the Deli, making this is a challenging, yet extremely rewarding role.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Work closely with the Peli Deli Head Chef with the day to day running of the Peli Deli
- Key holder responsibilities including opening up and closing down, ensuring the deli is secure at all times
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment and deliver a high standard of customer service
- Greeting guests, offering shopping advice
- Ensure any maintenance issues are reported and dealt with in a timely manner
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Maintain excellent communication with the Deli Chef, Guest Relations Team and Accounts Manager in relation to guests’ shopping lists
- Stock Ordering & Management, in coordination with the Deli Chef
- Picking, organising, weighing and packaging items ready to deliver as shopping
- Have an intimate knowledge of the island, villa locations and be able to discuss and recommend popular spots
- Drive around the villas delivering shopping and hampers
- Assist other Food and Beverage departments where and when required
- Assist with villa hostings and special events
- Actively upsell and work to meet weekly targets
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Be responsible for cleaning rota, deep clean of shop area and completion of daily records for health and safety
- Maintain a high standard of service
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Be highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Be a safe, confident and experienced driver
- Have excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience of working in a shop/grocer environment
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training is desirable
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- Full UK driving license
- Safe and experienced driver
- Experience of driving in Europe
- Minimum age 23 (for insurance purposes)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa