The Deli & Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our Deli & Kitchen team prepares a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pasta and pizzas, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2-minute drive from the club, The Deli & Kitchen not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Deli & Kitchen
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli & Kitchen has something for everyone. Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads, homemade quiches and sweet treats. The shop also stocks a range of groceries and essentials, including an excellent selection of wines. Several guests pre-order shopping prior to their arrival which is all managed from the deli.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for talented chefs to support our Deli Head Chef in running The Deli kitchen, producing delicious meals in the restaurant and producing fresh produce and homemade treats for The Deli. Our Deli Chefs are creative team players who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
This is a fantastic role for someone who expresses themselves through food, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a small team. The Deli & Kitchen is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for chefs with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage a section within The Deli kitchen
- Work with The Deli Head Chef to ensure that all produce sold in The Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with The Deli Head Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience baking or specialising in pastry is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September/October)
- EU Passport Holder/Eligible for Greece Working Holiday Visa