The Deli & Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our deli kitchen team prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious pasta and pizzas, all alongside daily specials that take advantage of fresh, local produce.
A 2-minute drive from the club, The Deli & Kitchen not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Deli & Kitchen
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Deli & Kitchen has something for everyone. Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads, homemade quiches and sweet treats. The shop also stocks a range of groceries and essentials, including an excellent selection of wines. Several guests pre-order shopping prior to their arrival which is all managed from the deli.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Head Chef to take the lead and ensure that everything served and sold from The Deli & Kitchen is of the highest standard.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is creative, enjoys expressing themselves through food and is self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively. As well as running The Deli kitchen, The Deli Head Chef will work closely with the rest of The Deli team to ensure all our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are catered for.
The Deli & Kitchen is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for a chef with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage the daily operations of The Deli kitchen
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure the deli is always well stocked, keeping waste to a minimum
- Ensure that all produce sold in The Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Ensure that all hamper orders are prepared to a consistently high standard
- Ensure that all food to be served on Odyssey, our classic yacht, is prepared to a consistently high standard
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Produce menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure that orders are placed in a efficient and cost-effective manner
- Liaise with purchasing companies for all Deli food orders
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Liaise with the club’s Head Chef to ensure minimum waste and determine where time can be saved by sharing preparation tasks
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Ability to plan creative, varied and balanced menus
- An understanding of current food trends
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Strong understanding of dietary requirements and food allergies
- Knowledge of food labelling
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Organised, proactive and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a busy restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working in a deli kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and hygiene standards
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder