The Peli Deli Kitchen offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. A two minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for a talented and highly motivated Head Chef with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Peli Deli Kitchen has something for everyone. Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites, accompanied by a delicious hot coffee or fresh fruit smoothie. Our lunch menu offers a selection of freshly prepared deli style dishes and sharing boards, along with our wood-fired pizzas which are also extremely popular with families looking for an early supper. The evening sees a bit of a transformation with a more elaborate menu and daily specials featuring local, seasonal ingredients.
The Deli also stocks a large variety of fresh produce for guests to take away with them, from everything they might need for a barbeque in their villa, to freshly made hummus, tzatziki and pasta sauces as well as freshly baked breads, homemade quiches and sweet treats. The shop stocks a range of groceries and essentials, including an excellent selection of wines. Several guests pre-order shopping prior to their arrival which is all managed from The Deli.
The Deli team also ensure that all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are met. We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa. In addition to this, the Deli is also home to our guest shopping service. Guests request a shopping list, a mix of Deli produce and supermarket items, in advance of their arrival and our Shopkeepers will deliver it directly to their villa. Throughout the week, guests may visit the Deli to pick up more supplies to either take away with them or have delivered.
The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential. This is a fantastic role for someone who is creative, enjoys expressing themselves through food and is self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively.
- Manage the daily operations of the Deli kitchen
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure the Deli is always well stocked, keeping waste to a minimum
- Ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Ensure that all hamper orders are prepared to a consistently high standard
- Ensure that all food to be served on Odyssey, our classic yacht, is prepared to a consistently high standard
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Produce menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team to ensure that orders are placed in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Liaise with purchasing companies for all Deli food orders
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- Maintain a high standard of food with the aim of exceeding our guest’s expectations
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Liaise with the Executive Head Chef to ensure minimum waste and determine where time can be saved by sharing preparation tasks
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Ability to plan creative, varied and balanced menus
- An understanding of current food trends
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Strong understanding of dietary requirements and food allergies
- Knowledge of food labelling
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Organised, proactive and flexible
- Extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a chef in a busy restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working in a deli kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and hygiene standards
- Strong knowledge of allergens and food labelling standards
- Available for the full season (May-October)
- EU Passport Holder