The Peli Deli is the latest addition to the club’s extensive food offering, selling an array of local produce from charcuterie boards and freshly prepared salads to delicious homemade treats and pre-prepared three course meals that guests can finish cooking back to their villa.
Located just five minutes away from the club, the deli is somewhere our guests, and passers-by, can stop for a quiet coffee or a quick lunch, and is also home to our villa host and shopping services.
We are looking for a talented chef to make the deli their own and to lead our team of villa hosts, catering for all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements.
The Peli Deli
With a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer, our villa host service allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the pool.
We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa alongside a hosting service whereby one of the Peligoni team will come to the villa to cook, serve and clean up, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a fantastic role for someone who is creative, enjoys expressing themselves through food and is self-motivated and able to manage their own time effectively. The Peli Deli is still relatively new with a great deal of potential and we are looking for a chef with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
As well as running the deli, the Chef will also be responsible for managing our team of villa hosts and ensuring all our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are catered for. This service is extremely popular and expectations are high, making this a challenging, yet incredibly rewarding position.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Oversee the day to day running of the Peli Deli
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Provide support to the Shopkeepers to deliver a superior guest experience
- Produce menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Confidently give guidance & menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Work with the club’s Reception team to coordinate all in-villa and Odyssey trip dining requirements
- Attend regular management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen and other F&B Departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Cash handling, float management and till reconciliation
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Assist, as required, with any special events
- Manage a small team of villa hosts to ensure all in-villa dining requirements are met, providing the necessary training and guidance where necessary
- Work alongside the Shopkeepers to liaise with purchasing companies for food orders
- Motivate your team to up-sell and meet weekly targets
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene kitchen standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Ability to plan, produce and cook delicious meals of a high standard
- Creative, with a keen eye on food presentation
- Understand current food trends
- Strong understanding of dietary requirements and food allergies
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work within a prescribed budget
- Highly organised, pro-active and flexible
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification, cooking school certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Intermediate Food Hygiene desirable
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a commercial kitchen
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Experience of working in a deli or similar environment is desirable
- A Barista qualification or evidence of Barista training desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Full UK driving license