The Peli Deli offers a laid back alternative to our busy club restaurants where our guests can enjoy simple food, done well, whilst enjoying views of the Ionian Sea. As well as serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Deli also stocks an array of homemade produce and dishes that are ready for guests to take back to their villa and put straight on the barbeque.
Open daily, our Deli Chefs prepare a variety of dishes from Ottolenghi-style salads to homemade quiches, open sandwiches to charcuterie boards and delicious wood-fired pizza.
A 2 minute drive from the club, the Deli not only welcomes our guests but is also open to walk-ins and visitors to the local port.
The Peli Deli
The Deli team also ensure that all of our guest’s in-villa dining requirements are met. With a growing collection of beautiful properties on offer, our villa host service allows guests the opportunity to indulge in some fantastic homemade food without having to leave the pool.
We offer tailor-made hampers filled with pre-made or ready to cook dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, which will be delivered to their villa alongside the option of a hosting service whereby one of the Peligoni team will come to the villa to cook, serve and clean up, allowing guests to make the most of their precious holiday time.
In addition to hampers and hostings, the Deli is also home to our guest shopping service. Guests request a shopping list, a mix of Deli produce and supermarket items, in advance of their arrival and our Shopkeepers will deliver it directly to their villa. Throughout the week, guests may visit the Deli to pick up more supplies to either take away with them or have delivered.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented pizza chef to support our Deli Head Chef in running the Deli kitchen, specialising in producing delicious sourdough pizzas in our wood fired oven as well as assisting with creating delicious simple meals in the restaurant. Our Chefs are creative team players who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
This is a fantastic role for someone who expresses themselves through food, is self-motivated and enjoys working in a small team. The Peli Deli is still a relatively new addition to The Peligoni Club, with a great deal of potential and we are looking for chefs with the passion and commitment to make it a real success.
As a Peligoni chef, you are part of a wider chef team, operating across multiple kitchens. You will therefore naturally get to work in our other kitchens as well, and have the opportunity to experience different cuisines and service styles.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Manage the pizza section in the Deli Kitchen
- Work with the Deli Head Chef to ensure that all produce sold in the Deli is presented attractively and packaged and labelled correctly, with clear information on allergens
- Prepare dough daily and create daily pizza specials
- Assist in cross training other chefs to gain further experience with pizzas
- Assist other sections of the kitchen as and when needed
- Assist the Shopkeepers and Deli Hosts with picking and packing as well as preparing hampers.
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Deli Head Chef
- Assist with deliveries
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Maintain good profit margins on food
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Experience operating a wood fired pizza oven
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- A minimum of 1 years experience as a pizza chef
- Experience baking or specialising in pastry is desirable
- Available for either the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa