Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a ringo ride, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is the perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
Guests can also take advantage of our weekly RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling course, giving the opportunity to learn new skills they can take home with them.
Watersports at Peligoni
Our powerboat instructors provide professional instruction whilst ensuring a safe sailing environment. They will guide guests through all the theoretical and practical elements of the course, ensuring they are competent in all areas before issuing their Powerboat license at the end of the course. Courses take place in the mornings, allowing time in the afternoon to work with the rest of the beach team, welcoming guests, providing tuition and covering safety.
We like to do things well and that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by MasterCraft.
We are a fully accredited RYA Training Centre. All of our instructors are certified by the RYA, many of them in multiple disciplines, and they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
Lessons are predominantly one-to-one as we aim to encourage as many guests as we can to get out and have fun on the water in a safe and beautiful environment. The beach team also host group progression sessions for beginners throughout the week, as well as group lessons for our younger guests who more often than not leave Peligoni at the end of the week, eager to return as a member of our infamous beach team in years to come.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our beach team has always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will be able to work on your own skills on the water and make the most of the afternoon wind.
- Deliver all elements of the Powerboat Level 2 course in accordance with the RYA
- Manage bookings for the Powerboat course and ensure guests are billed correctly
- Communicate course changes (for example, in the case of bad weather) with guests in good time and rearrange course times as necessary
- Provide a high standard of safety and instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Daily windsurfing and/or dinghy instruction
- Deliver regular and meaningful group sessions to our younger guests
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Cover safety and implement water safety precautions
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of the beach and its equipment
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events at the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA, or equivalent, Dinghy OR Windsurfing Instructor (although desirable to have both)
- RYA Senior Dinghy and/or Senior Windsurfing Instructor are desirable
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Multihull, Advanced Dinghy or Racing Instructor endorsements are desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Proven experience of instructing in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of delivering Powerboat courses
- Practical experience kayaking and stand up paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- A full driving license is desirable (please note you may have to obtain an International Driving Permit)