Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a ringo ride, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is the perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
We are looking for experienced instructors to run our weekly RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling course, giving our guests the opportunity to learn new skills they can take home.
Our powerboat instructors provide professional instruction whilst ensuring a safe sailing environment. They will guide guests through all the theoretical and practical elements of the course, ensuring they are competent in all areas before issuing their Powerboat license at the end of the course. Courses take place in the mornings, allowing time in the afternoon to work with the rest of the beach team, welcoming guests, providing tuition and covering safety.
We like to do things well and that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing and foiling equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by Axis.
We are a fully accredited RYA Training Centre. All of our instructors are certified by the RYA, many of them in multiple disciplines, and they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our beach team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
- Deliver all elements of the Powerboat Level 2 course in accordance with the RYA
- Manage bookings for the Powerboat course and ensure guests are billed correctly
- Communicate course changes (for example, in the case of bad weather) with guests in good time and rearrange course times as necessary
- Provide a high standard of safety and instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Cover safety and implement water safety precautions
- Assist with daily maintenance and upkeep of the beach and its equipment
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate in evening events at the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Dinghy and/or Windsurfing Instructor is desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proven experience of instructing in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of delivering Powerboat courses
- Available for the whole season (May-October)
- UK/EU Passport Holder