Small and personal with a focus on quality over quantity, the club moulds itself around our guests and their idea of the perfect holiday. For some that might be an action packed week of watersports, yoga and tennis and for others that might be a series of long lazy lunches, time in the sun and being able to really let their hair down whilst our childcare team look after the little ones; whatever they feel like, we’ve got it covered.
With so many moving parts, this is a huge operation and we are looking for someone to support our senior management team with purchasing and budget control. You will be based in our UK office during the winter months and then join us in Greece over the summer.
Every year we strive to improve our product and the service we offer – this involves keeping our boats and windsurfing kit up to date, replacing toys and childcare equipment that has seen better days, ensuring we have the right appliances in the kitchen to be able to offer the ever evolving dining experiences our guests have to come to love and expect and so much more. From tennis rackets to waterskis, staff uniform and first aid supplies, there is a great deal to source and procure, all of which needs to be done in a cost-efficient manner.
Budgets are set and assigned to each area of the operation by the Operations Director and it will be your responsibility to ensure that these are kept to. During the summer months, you will maintain control over the budgets and liaise with the various department managers to manage ongoing and new purchasing requirements over the course of the season.
We are a small team and as such you will be expected to research and procure the majority of what is needed and also ensure it reaches the club in good time. This will involve shipping some goods from the UK and ensuring all customs requirements are met. You will be expected to maintain excellent relationships with current suppliers and make valuable connections with new ones – strong communication and negotiation skills are essential to succeed in this role.
We are looking for someone with excellent numerical skills, who is highly organised and has impeccable attention to detail. This is a varied and challenging role and comes with a large amount of responsibility. It can be extremely rewarding for someone who thrives on this and comes with the opportunity to progress: during your first summer at the club, you will become familiar with every aspect of the operation and following this, you will be expected to take on full budgetary control and assume the role of Purchasing Manager.
- Ensure budgets are communicated, managed and maintained
- Provide the Operations Director with regular updates on our budget position
- Research and procurement of club supplies and equipment
- Research and action cost-efficient ways of having any necessary repair works carried out on higher value assets such as boats and vehicles
- Ensure all purchasing is carried out in a cost-efficient manner
- Establish systems to control spending and maintain budgets over the summer months
- Ensure all invoices are received in good time, are accurate and passed on to the accounts team
- Develop and maintain a filing system for warranties/guarantees etc.
- Arrange for the export of goods from the UK, ensuring customs requirements are met
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and contacts
- Research and establish relationships with new suppliers – this may involve travelling to Greece outside of the season
- Build and maintain a supplier database
- Ongoing management and review of the club’s inventory
- Gain an extensive understanding of all aspects of the operation during the first summer season
- Maintain good communication with all departments during the summer season
Abilities & Expectations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to meet deadlines
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Previous experience of working in an administrative role
- Experience in a similar setting is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Full driving license
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Meet the requirements to be able to obtain a work visa for Greece
What We Offer
- Starting salary of £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Accommodation, meals and travel expenses whilst living in Greece
- Travel insurance whilst in Greece
- Access to club facilities including watersports, weekly events, PACE and The House Party
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club
- Discretionary discount on food and beverage for direct family members with club memberships
Email us at email@example.com with your CV and covering letter to apply.