Our reception team are the first people to welcome guests when they arrive and are there to cater for their every need. They are very much the ‘face’ of the club, creating an excellent first impression and ensuring that our guests are able to make the most of their time with Peligoni.
They know absolutely everything there is to know about the club and the local area, having the confidence to make valuable recommendations and suggestions that will allow our guests to thoroughly enjoy their holiday with us. They interact with guests on a daily basis ensuring that they are getting the most from their stay and dealing with any complaints and queries quickly and effectively.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and confident individual with impeccable attention to detail who can instill a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as ensure a consistently high level of service.
As Reception Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of reception, ensuring our guests have everything they need.
Each day on reception will come with different tasks and responsibilities. The majority of our guests arrive and depart at the weekend. During these days the mornings will involve preparing bills, ensuring all guests have settled their accounts and have organised their transport to the airport. In the afternoons you and your team will be preparing for guest arrivals, checking flight times, ensuring pre arrival requests have been met, organising restaurant bookings, liaising with villa managers, checking our guests into the club and ensuring they have a seamless first night of their holiday.
During the week, you’ll be responding to a wide range of different queries and requests from massage bookings to a villa without hot water, following up on complaints and keeping guests up to date on what is happening in the club each day via our daily broadcast service.
You will always be thinking ahead: planning for the following week’s arrivals, booking taxis, confirming arrangements and working with the general management team to put together the weekly agenda, whilst also remaining focused on our current guests.
Strong organisational skills are an absolute must as you will find yourself juggling several tasks at once. As Reception Manager you must have a commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. Working closely with the guest relations team, you will get to know our guests, ensure all of their needs are taken care of and communicate these with the rest of the management team. It is an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Manage the day to day running of reception
- Review guest manifests in advance to ensure all prior information has been given to the appropriate departments
- Review transfer information and ensure taxis are booked as required
- Ensure guests are checked-in and checked-out in a welcoming and efficient manner
- Create and manage the weekly and daily agenda with the general management team
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Coordinate with other department heads regarding guest requirements throughout their stays
- Attend regular management meetings and ensure information is passed down and actioned by your team
- Encourage and maintain good communication with other departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Brief guests on how the club works and answer any questions they may have
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests coming into the club
- Have an extensive knowledge of all aspects of the club and the local area
- Manage and coordinate resort bookings and activities
- Communicate any changes to the daily agenda with guests effectively
- Advise guests on any weather and sea conditions that may affect what watersports are running
- Record all pertinent information relating to a guests holiday to allow us to deliver a better service during their next stay
- Ensure all membership upgrades and transfers are billed correctly
- Prepare guest bills and take payments
- Ensure guest bills are settled onsite
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Keyholder responsibilities
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Ensure the reception area is clean and well presented at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar customer facing, administrative role
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Proven hospitality experience
- Available for the full season (May – October
- Full driving license
- EU Passport Holder