We like to think of Peligoni as a home away from home, and our front of house team are the perfect hosts. The level of pride we take is second to none, our warm and friendly approach is never forgotten and our attention to detail is what makes our guests come back year after year.
The main role of our restaurant host is to manage and co-ordinate restaurant and event reservations and to greet and seat guests for lunch and dinner. They will get to know our guests, learn their individual likes, dislikes, make recommendations, introductions and provide a familiar face to ensure each guest enjoys Peligoni at it’s finest.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes and Tasi provides an informal setting with bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea. Our host team will work together to manage reservations and maximise capacity across both restaurants. During lunch service, they will each host a restaurant, greeting and seating guests, juggling tables for early and late-comers and providing additional support to the restaurant teams.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. Our hosts are on hand to meet guests as they arrive, check them in and support the team throughout the event.
When we are not hosting an event, at least one of our restaurants will be open in the evening. Dinner tends to take a slower pace than lunch, allowing our hosts to spend more time with guests, offering drinks and upselling wine. In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Providing a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere, managing the flow of guests into our restaurants and knowing all there is to know, our front of house team team make hard work and high pressure look effortless.
This is a demanding role suited to fast thinkers and social butterflies with hospitality experience. Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique, we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
- Coordinate restaurant reservations to maximise capacity across all three restaurants
- Identify any double bookings and resolve to maximise capacity
- Confirm reservations with guests, where necessary
- Communicate no-shows with the reception team and ensure they are billed for
- Manage reservations during lunch and dinner service using Open Table
- Greet and seat guests during lunch and dinner service, and events where necessary
- Confidently make wine and drink recommendations
- Support the food and beverage team during lunch and dinner service, and events where necessary
- Support the guest relations team during events
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to all guests
- Build strong relationships and rapport with guests
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the club facilities
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Attention to detail
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues quickly as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in the hospitality industry
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Experience with a restaurant reservations system, i.e. Open Table is desirable
- Good knowledge of wine and beverage
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Available for the full season (May – September/October)
- EU Passport Holder
Are you one of our next Front of House Hosts?
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE AN EU PASSPORT HOLDER