With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our restaurant team are at the forefront.
We are looking for experienced Restaurant Supervisors to take on the day to day running of our dining areas. With guidance from the Restaurant Manager this will involve ensuring that the front of house team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere. Ensuring that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered are all in a day’s work as a Restaurant Supervisor.
The Club is home to two busy restaurants: The Terraces seats around 80 covers with a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes and Tasi provides an informal setting with bistro-style dishes which can be enjoyed with a bottle of wine and a stunning view of the Ionian sea.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in both restaurants with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food.
In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Each restaurant has it’s own Restaurant Supervisor who all report to our Restaurant Manager. This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in the day to day running of the club restaurants and weekly events
- Assume the role of Maitre’D during service times
- Ensure the restaurants and other dining areas are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Ensure menus are communicated in good time
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen team and other food & beverage departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Confidently give guidance and menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Assist the other food & beverage departments where and when required
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till system
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate desirable
- A valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May – September/October)
- EU Passport Holder