With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of Waiting Staff, led by our Restaurant Manager, and supervisors, are at the forefront.
We are revamping food at Peligoni this summer with two exciting new restaurant concepts. Our terraces seat around 80 covers and will be home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen where chefs show off their culinary skills and families gather to dine in style.
The main bar will provide an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates. Food arrives as it is ready, Venitian cicchetti in style. Guests can order as little or as much as they like, spend hours relaxing with a bottle of wine and good company, or grab a quick bite before heading out onto the water.
Food at Peligoni
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in the main bar area. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am and service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing up until 11am.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in both restaurants as well as from an additional ‘pop up kitchen’ during the week offering quick meals for those who wish to grab and go. Lunchtime menus focus on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads and delicious sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our restaurants reflect this. Dinner is usually more formal than lunch and the service offered will reflect this. During peak season, we can host up to 200 guests in the evening and our twice-weekly party nights are always extremely popular – one of these always has a fancy dress theme and staff are encouraged to join in the fun.
The Courtyard, a recent addition to our events space, hosts weekly events including our family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food. On Fridays we celebrate the week with a huge dinner party: large communal tables with family style sharing platters is the perfect way to finish a Peligoni holiday.
In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for experienced Restaurant Supervisors to support the day to day running of our dining areas. With guidance from the restaurant manager this will involve ensuring that the front of house team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere. Ensuring that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered are all in a day’s work as a restaurant supervisor.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos, and the ability to guide and support a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in the day to day running of the food service areas
- Assume the role of Maitre’D during service times
- Ensure the restaurant and other dining areas are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- With the Head Chef, ensure menus are prepared and communicated in good time
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen team and other food & beverage departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an efficient manner
- Coordinate table reservations, maximising capacity in the restaurants
- Confidently give guidance and menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Help motivate your team to upsell and meet weekly targets
- Assist the other food & beverage departments where and when required
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till system
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene certificate is desirable
- First Aid certificate desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa