We believe that barefoot luxury is better shared with all ages, not just limited to “grown ups”. Our exceptional team and partners host activities for kids and teens who are grouped by school years instead of ages so they can make friends and enjoy age-relevant activities. Ultimately at Peligoni our focus is to inspire our young guests to be all they can be and to make the most of their holiday.
Children, aged four and five can join our ‘Rugrats’. Led by our ‘Rugrats Leaders’, they will have their own agenda including activities such as treasure hunts, pizza making, rock painting and their very own sports day.
We are looking for experienced Childcare Professionals, who can curate and lead a range of engaging and exciting activities for our Rugrats, ensuring just the right balance of action, activity, support and space to learn.
A typical day will involve preparing for and hosting a variety of high-energy and creative activities, which will take place within ‘the den’ and in different areas of the club. Our Rugrats leaders will meet and communicate with parents at the beginning and end of each day and ensure that any additional needs are met.
During quieter times, our Rugrats Leaders will assist in the crèche, helping to set-up and deliver activities, serving meals and covering lunch breaks.
In addition to fun-packed days, kids tea is offered during high season as well as a range of evening options including a creative tie-dye night and a ‘party’ night with a disco in The Den.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a childcare professional who is looking for a job they love, in a stunning environment and perhaps who is looking for their next challenge with some added responsibility. We need people who are full of energy, flexible and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our younger guests have an unforgettable holiday.
- Ensure our young guests receive the highest level of care
- Create and develop a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Plan a variety of age appropriate indoor and outdoor activities each week
- Record keeping, where necessary
- Maintain a high level standard of health and safety
- Carry out detailed risk assessments
- Be responsible for daily cleaning and regular deep clean of equipment
- Assist in the crèche as and when required
- Communicate effectively with other departments who assist with the childcare operation
- Communicate effectively with parents
- Prepare healthy and nutritious snacks for children
- Serve lunch and tea daily
- Work a minimum of 2 nights babysitting (for which you will be paid extra)
- Host evening activities
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
Abilities & Expectations
- Creative and energetic
- Fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Patient and sympathetic by nature
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Minimum Level 2 CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education, or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience working with children aged 4 & 5
- Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- DBS Certificate
- Strong swimmer
- Available for the whole season (May – September/October)
- A full Driving License is desirable
- UK/EU Passport Holder